Sunday, April 18, 2021

2021 Round GB Day 2. Seaford to Rye

 A civilised start time of 8:30 and I was round Beachy Head by 9:45.

The "Seven Sisters", just west of Beachy Head.
Approaching Beachy Head
The inshore route around Beachy Head - not as intimidating
as Portland Bill but more impressive cliffs.
Approaching Eastbourne

Again winds were difficult and when I arrived off Rye the anchorage was very bumpy and I thought I would have to move closer in at 22:00 when the rising tide would permit, but that proved to be unnecessary. 

Seaford-Rye. Hard work with changing winds.

39.2 nautical miles over the ground in 9 hours. Winds 5 - 20 knots.

Slide show all of my pictures from Seaford to Rye, page through by clicking the arrows or click in the centre of the pic to view from Flickr in a new window or full screen:

2021 Seaford to Rye

Click here for Day 3, Rye to Ramsgate.

No comments:

Post a Comment