Monday, April 26, 2021

2021 Round GB Days 8 & 9. Lowestoft - Filey

This was a long cold trip, it started well at 06:30 and after clearing harbour and motoring to just past Great Yarmouth I had a good sail up the coast until 13:00 when I was east of Cromer, then the wind died and on went the engine and I had to keep it on for the rest of the afternoon before wind returned and I was able to sail through the night and into Filey arriving at 10:40 to anchor behind Filey Brig which was rather more comfortable than when I was there last year.

The night was the coldest sailing I can remember, and I have sailed in snow and washed ice and frost off of boats before sailing. I was wearing a fleece lined shirt, a Musto "Snug" windproof fleece, a thick padded Gilets and a premium offshore suit but the cold wind cut through everything and I was never warm.

Filey was a welcome sight, especially as some warm sun
was making me much more comfortable.
Filey Bay.

134 nautical miles over the ground in 28 hours. Winds variable 0 - 12 knots.

Slide show all of my pictures from Lowestoft to Filey, page through by clicking the arrows or click in the centre of the pic to view from Flickr in a new window or full screen:

2021 Lowestoft - Filey

No comments:

Post a Comment