Monday, April 12, 2021

The 2021 Season Round GB - here we go!

Finally. 

I didn't think I would make it when I went out to the car at 06:00 to find it was snowing - hard. Or when south of Newbury one of the idiots doing 70 or more crashed, fortunately I was less than half a mile behind and got through fairly quickly leaving behind a 5 mile queue. Fortunately the snow cleared north of Winchester and its been a decent day albeit cold. 

I put all of the gear, upholstery etc. on board and loaded up with stores, fuel and clothes whilst the boat was out of the water when I was finishing winter maintenance once Covid-19 restrictions allowed me to visit. It was a pain hoisting everything up but it saved several days when restrictions were lifted so I could stay on board allowing me to get away sooner.

The boat carrier is remote controlled.

Sancerre was launched by about 10:00, sails bent on, running rigging on and other work done by early evening. More work tomorrow, including running a cable up the mast for the wind instruments, then I'll take the car home returning by train and hopefully I will be on my way on Thursday. 

As last year the weather is not cooperating, then it was westerly gales when I was leaving to the west, this year it is east or N East winds, perhaps for a couple of weeks, that will make it difficult to get eastward then potentially limit anchorages when heading up the east coast, it's  Déjà vu all over again, but hopefully this time I'll not get stuck in harbour for 12 days as I did in Blyth last year.

Slide show of my launch pictures, page through by clicking the arrows or click in the centre of the pic to view from Flickr in a new window or full screen:

2021 Launch  

Click her for Day 1 to Seaford.

No comments:

Post a Comment